|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Matt Pelissier is an American drummer and producer, and one of the co-founders of the rock band My Chemical Romance. He also founded Strong Arm Recording Studios, located in Harrison, New Jersey in 2006.
Pelissier founded the band My Chemical Romance with Gerard Way in 2001, just after the 9/11 attacks. He was an "old friend" of Gerard Way's, and had drummed in a number of local bands. Way played him a rudimentary version of "Skylines and Turnstiles" that he had recorded at home; Pelissier was impressed, and agreed to help Way by laying down some drums on a proper demo. Way and Pelissier soon recruited guitarist and mutual friend Ray Toro to the band. Like Pelissier, Toro had been a member of Kearny punk band The Rodneys.
With the band's full outfit of Way on vocals, his brother Mikey Way on bass, and two guitarists Toro and Frank Iero, Pelissier recorded the band's first album I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love in his basement, and later their second album Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge. After the launch of the second album in 2004, band manager Brian Schecter asked Pelissier to leave the band. The band did not disclose why they had asked him to leave. However, he has been accused of burning the band's first van that Gerard's grandmother had bought them, among other things. Rumours had been spread around at the time that Matt tried to sue Eyeball Records because he had not been paid since the recording of the album I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love.
In the summer of 2006, Matt Pelissier and George Collazo formed Strong Arm Studios, a recording studio located in Harrison, New Jersey.
Current Musical ProjectsEdit
Matt is now playing drums in a new band out of NJ called Revenir!
The band started recording on their first full length record called "Exiled From Bear Country" in late 2012 and finished early 2013. They have been slowly gaining fans across the world thanks to Twitter and Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Revenir-Music/399609190053471
Discography with My Chemical RomanceEdit
Matt appears on the original version of the video for the song "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)." He can be seen playing drums with a new tattoo on his arm. In the second video version of the music video has Bob Bryar playing the drums but he had been officially recruited by the band at this point, but not added. This is evident by the fact that Gerard repeatedly blocks Bryar's face, supposedly to keep viewers from thinking he was a member of the band at that time. Another reason to note is since he had recently joined, he is not seen with the other band members in the high school scenes or credited in the movie card at the end. Bob came just one day before filming the video, after the tour in Japan.
- Like Phantoms Forever (2002)
- "Vampires Will Never Hurt You" (2002)
- "Honey, This Mirror Isn’t Big Enough for the Two of Us" (2003)
- "Headfirst for Halos" (2004)
- "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)" (2004)
- "Thank You for the Venom" (2004)
- "Helena" (2005)
- "Under Pressure" (2005)
- "The Ghost Of You" (2005)
- "Vampires Will Never Hurt You" (2002)
- "Honey, This Mirror Isn’t Big Enough for the Two of Us" (2002)
Other original album appearancesEdit
- In Honour to Beat Cancer - "Headfirst for Halos" (Live) (2004)
- Kevin & Bean's Christmastime in the 909 - "All I Want for Christmas is You" (Cover) (2004)
- ^ http://www.100xr.com/100_XR/Artists/M/My_Chemical_Romance.html
- ^ Press conference held in Chile February 2008
- ^ Template:Cite web Template:Dead link
- ^ http://encycl.opentopia.com/term/The_Rodneys
- ^ http://www.imnotokay.net/board/topic/14745/
- ^ http://www.musicianguide.com/biographies/1608004737/My-Chemical-Romance.html
- ^ http://www.dictionaryslang.com/Matt%20Pelissier
- ^ http://www.imnotokay.net/board/topic/50884/
- ^ http://music.aol.com/artist/matt-pelissier/biography